Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: HELP! Please read if you have Kit's Lunch

  1. #1
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only collect for Kit. Tonight, I was admiring some of my favorite pieces, when I decided to look at her lunch.

    I keep all of my items new, in their original boxes.

    When I took out Kit's food- IT WAS WET AND STICKY! It also has a strong plasticy smell. I have seen this before in old toys where the vinyl was breaking down!

    I washed the food off, but it is still gummy and sticky.

    I purchased her lunch brand new, last Feb. What is wrong? Does ANYONE else have this problem? Does anyone know if I can order just the replacement food items?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh dear! I know you can order replacement food for her set, but it is one of the most expensive at $10 QSAL-03. I would try calling CS and explain the problem, it may be a defective batch, in which case they would send you new food for free! Good luck!

    Shanna

  3. #3
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just called. They said I can box up the whole set and send it back to them, and they will exchange it for a new set.
    The CS person asked me if it could be because of where it is stored. I told her it is stored in my bedroom- not even in the closet, just right here in the bedroom. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I plan to mail this one back, but what if it happens again? It feels so gross to even touch it!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two sets of Kit's lunch, both years old and neither has any problems. It really does sound like you got a bad batch. I think you should call CS.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I bought my set with the code last year. It was all still in the box with the food unopened in the little plastic bag. I keep all of Kit's accessories in their original boxes in a plastic storage box in my guest room. I just checked and the food is just fine--so it seems like you definitely got a bad batch of food!!! So glad they are going to exchange it without any problems. Thanks for letting us know.

    Karla

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes it sounds like a bad batch of plastic, is there anyways this was exposed to the sun or any kind of light? Just curious.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, it has not been exposed to anything. I inspected it when it arrived, it was perfect. I packed it up. The food wrapped in tissue, and tucked inside the little plastic bag, then placed in the lunchbox.That was placed back in the original box with tissue, and then that box was put into a large carboard box that sits in the corner of my bedroom to hold all of my Kit stuff.Tonight was only the second time I have ever had it out to look at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •